Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Abstracted Landscape

I was taking photos during a walk through Winter Park one day. In between some of the lavish houses was a wooden path that lead to a beautiful lakeside view. I took several photos that day - with great care to frame the scene and adjust the zoom. But this one became my favorite. 


I didn't realize it at the time, but as I slide my phone into my pocket I had accidentally taken one last shot. I managed to catch the edge of the dock and a skewed view of the landscape. I didn't know I had taken this photo until it was loaded on to my computer. I love the symmetry and the minimalist feel. It looks like a post modern painting until you tilt your head. I love this photo because it reminds me that despite all my effort accidental photos can sometimes turn out to be the best ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment