Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Black Racer

I have a Black Racer who lives just outside of my window. My first encounter with her was when I was doing yard work a few months earlier. I came across a patch of her shed skin which I posted in a previous article,  The Virtues of Yard Work. Since then she has shown herself quite frequently.


I see her most often between 9:00 am and 11:00 am. Trying to absorb the maximum amount of sunlight before darting off. I love this photo of her. She has her white chin propped up on a leaf. 


My cat loves to watch her as well. This is the closest he has ever been to a snake. He watched her intently as she bobbed her head up and down before sliding off into the bushes. 


I caught this lovely shot of her coiled up at the edge of my window. At close to three feet in length, she is one of the largest Black Racers I have ever seen. Her white chin raised up accentuating her graceful body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment