Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Holi Festival

The Holi Festival is a Hindu celebration that honors the beginning of Spring. People commemorate the day by throwing colored powder and water at each other. The event was held in a field next to the Citrus Bowl. It was a battlefield of color, super-soakers, and Indian music. People weren't afraid to greet strangers by smearing their faces with dye. I made a lot friends that day.











I even ran into some people from Swing! They were the first people to get me with the powder and it was a blast dancing with them! 


Thomas Thorspecken sketching a family for his website. To see Thomas's artwork please visit http://thorspecken.blogspot.com



This is me leaving the event. Believe me, it was just as much fun as it looks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment