Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Abstract. Beautiful. Home.

This photograph was taken in my parents bathroom on one of my trips home.  For some reason I forgot my instinct to turn on the light when I entered the room.


It was just after sunset and the sky was fading into purple. The yellow light from our neighbor's backyard was glowing through the textured glass. My mother's mirror placed on a box of baby wipes sitting on the window sill; thin curtains defining the space in the coming darkness.

Normally the bathroom is cluttered with junk and you can't see anything through the window. This time the room was shut out and the outside was visible. I stopped and stared. I've been here a thousand times but I felt like I was seeing it for the first time.

Abstract. Beautiful. Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment