Monday, August 2, 2010

Cozumel

In the summer of 2008 my family went on a cruise to Cozumel Mexico.


This photo was taken at dusk on the first night of the cruise. I love the hot pink stripe that tears through the dusty blue sky. 


This was taken on the island of Cozumel. My father and I were taking a tour of the lighthouse and I wondered upon this child swinging in the yellow hammock. I was immediately taken by the blues of the ocean and sky and the deep browns of the posts and tables. I watched the child swinging for a moment. The breeze was coming in over the ocean. I took a deep breath. The air smelled like salt and honey. Such a beautifully relaxing moment. 


I took this photo of Cozumel from the back of the cruise ship.  I love composition of the flag floating over the city. 

No comments:

Post a Comment