Sunday, October 8, 2023

Greeting the Eternal City

For years I had been trying to get my family to go on a trip. After much planning and preparation I finally got my wish. We headed to Europe for a Mediterranean cruise. My family and I got to Rome a few days early to explore this incredible city.


Myself, mom, and dad on the flight.


Seeing the first bits of tall grass coming into Rome.


Myself and dad on the train.


Getting to see remnants of old Roman walls next to the graffiti of a modern city.


An old section of a Roman wall just outside the Termini Station.


The Basilica del Sacro Cuore di Gesù.


The lovely view from our hotel window. You can see mountains very faintly in the distance.


My parents and sisters getting ready to explore Rome.


More sections of old Roman walls. Just so incredible to see tangible pieces of history all over the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment