Thursday, June 22, 2023

The Tomato Plant

Rochelle gave me a tomato plant on April 5th for my patio garden. I put it in the backseat of my car and forgot about it until I had driven it all the way to St. Pete for Easter weekend. Luckily, the little plant survived sitting in my car for five days. 

April 10th.

Back home on my patio.

April 14th.

After trimming a few leaves and repotting it, I set it out on the patio with my other plants. For a very brief time it was my smallest plant.

April 18th.

Within a few days it grew astonishingly fast.

April 26th.

May 1st.

The first flower.

May 10th.

The tiniest little tomato.

May 11th.

May 11th.

Wildly outgrowing its original pot.

May 15th.

May 16th.

Repotted in its new and much larger pot.

May 17th.

May 22nd.

A second tomato.

June 1st.

June 14th.

June 19th.

First tomato finally turning red.

June 20th.

After some rain.

June 21st.

June 21st.

Ripe for the picking.

June 22nd.

Made into the best caprese salad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment