Thursday, April 27, 2023

Half Love

The bread crumbs

The precious scraps

The meager subsistence


I have always had to make do with less

A lifetime of half love has left me hungry


The one who makes me laugh gives himself so easily to others

I am the healthy choice for a man who built his life on impulses

No wonder I must look so unappealing


The one who brought me consistency also brought me fear

He felt familiar, and that is what made him dangerous

Reminding me of all the demons I had already slain


I am no longer interested in trying to walk through closed doors or old graveyards.


Some days I am reminded of the endless love I have just under the surface

What a joy to be fully unleashed


I had to let go of “someday”, it was too much weight to carry


I’ve learned to refuse scraps

There is no amount of bread crumbs that will lead me where I want to be


No comments:

Post a Comment