Thursday, November 17, 2022

Red Rock Canyon

I was lucky enough to get the chance to visit my best friend Emily and her husband Mike in Las Vegas. It was nothing but wonderful times as soon as they picked me up from the airport.


The view of the mountains from the airport just after sunrise.


After Emily and Mike picked me up they took me out for an amazing breakfast at Rosallie.


A beautiful assortment of pastries.


My rose mocha with a dusting of raspberries.


My delicious ham and cheese croissant sandwich and side salad.


For our first adventure Emily and Mike took me to Red Rock Canyon.


Calico Basin.





The rock in the foreground had some petroglyphs that could be over six thousand years old.







Driving to our next destination. Coming from Florida, it never ceases to amaze me how beautiful the mountains are. The colors and the changing landscapes are just breathtaking.





Mike and Emily with their dog Spartacus. Turtlehead Peak is behind them in the distance.


Emily and Myself. Photo by Mike Turczyk.

Mike and Emily.

Photo by Emily Jensen.



Emily making her way through a narrow pass in the mountains.









The fascinating variety of colors in the landscape.






More petroglyphs tucked away on a trail.




Layers of rock. 


No comments:

Post a Comment