Thursday, January 1, 2015

Bearded Dragons

A while ago I went to a pet store with my boyfriend just to look around. I would consider myself a cat/dog person. I have a hard time with birds, fish, and rodents. It's not that I don't appreciate them, I just find it to be a lot of work to maintain an animal that requires any type of enclosure. 

So when we went to the pet shop I was surprised that I was so intrigued by the Bearded Dragons. They are medium sized lizards that are found in desert climates. They have a good reputation for being docile and easy to care for. I remember a friend of my had one a few years back. She let me hold him and he snuggled right up in the warm nook between my neck and shoulder. 

These particular Bearded Dragons from the pet store seemed very inquisitive. They were just as interested in me and I was in them; following my every movement as I tried to get the best photos. Their skin was a lovely textured mosaic of swirling, earthy patterns. I found them surprisingly sweet and intelligent. 



No comments:

Post a Comment