Sunday, December 16, 2012

Gems of Man Made and Celestial Nature

I was walking from Publix back to my Starbucks when I saw this sky. I stood in the middle of the street and fumbled with my grocery bag to get my phone out of my pocket. A little frustration was worth capturing this peaceful December sky. 


The cool blue sky is famed by the jagged trees as it shifts into dusty lavender. A crescent of light hangs in the distance. The streetlight warms the oncoming night with it's golden glow. The light and power lines stand as equal partners with the trees. A simple reminder of the balance between nature and city life. Photos like this make me feel like they can coexist in harmony. The sky can be beautiful with both gems of man made and celestial nature. 

1 comment:

  1. That is quite captivating, Melissa. It captures the feel of a Florida evening quite nicely.

    On a more prosaic level, what in tarnation were you doing at that store on that side of town, at dusk?

    ReplyDelete