Sunday, October 14, 2012

Magenta Spears

I was sitting outside at a local restaurant called The Greek Corner waiting for my order. Caught between fidgeting to find a good spot in the shade and eavesdropping in the group of three in front of me. I sipped my drink as the older woman with long grey hair talked about a relative that passed away while she flicked the ash from her cigarette into the ash tray.

I turned my attention to the plants around me. Seating at The Greek Corner in primarily outside and their patio is lavishly adored with a kaleidoscope of blooming plants. One in particular caught my eye.


This lovely flower sprouted into magenta spears. Resembling a weapon rather than a delicate flower it burst towards the sky against the smooth leaves and even lines of the fence. A striking display of color and texture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment