Thursday, October 20, 2011

Happy Housewarming

A short while after my friend Matt moved into his new apartment we met up so I could get the tour. Our first stop was an adorable little restaurant called Spooky's Black Cat Cafe.


This image was taken behind Spooky's. I was simultaniously trying to capture the beautiful haze in the sky and Matt's child-like resistance to being photographed.


Matt playing the piano he received as a gift from one of our Starbucks customers. I love the way his head blocks lamp making it look as though he wears a halo. It reminds me of those medieval manuscripts elaborately depicting monks busy at their desks, surrounded by the books they are meticulously working to reproduce.


I was having a hard time getting the color to come out right on this shot. I don't do black and white photos that often but I fell in love with this one. 


And so our tour ends in the attic. Sleep well Starbucks Prince.

No comments:

Post a Comment