Sunday, May 22, 2011

Hope in a Stormy Sky

A while ago I was waiting in a Starbucks to meet up with Mariko. It had been raining for a while and the sky was masked with clouds. The unsettled atmosphere seemed to match my mood. Just after I had arrived the rain had begun to let up and light burst from the setting sun. I looked up from my notes and was able to get this shot.


About seven minutes later I looked up again took this photograph.


I was amazed at how beautiful the heavens had become after such a nasty downpour. The textured wash of serene colors behind the trees reminded be that any storm can be weathered and that the best days are worth the fight. 

Mariko came in and sat down next to me. We began working on our project. The clouds blurred away as the night took over the sky. I could already feel my luck start to change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment