Friday, April 8, 2011

Liquid Light

This painting was made after the DRIP show we performed at the Fringe Festival in 2008 called WET. During the show we had dancers performing silhouetted against a screen projected with light and different colored liquids. It was an absolutely breathtaking show to watch as well as be a part of.


Months after the show I made this paining and I had a bit of a revelation. This painting reminded me of drawings that I made in 7th grade that were very similar. A figure silhouette against a green background with light radiating around their body. For some reason I never saved those drawings and I had almost forgotten about making them until I had finished this painting. 

That memory ended up being a huge affirmation for me. Something I am currently involved with is reminiscent of sketches I made years ago. I felt very in tune with my sub-conscious and my inner child. It reminded me that trusting yourself is one of the best gifts you can give yourself. Most people view leaps of faith as dangerous, I believe they can save you. 

I'm on the right track. I know I was made for this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment